Knowledge of jaw pop
If you’re experiencing a jaw pop sensation every time you chew, talk or yawn, it may be from your temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Jaw pop refers to a clicking sound from the jaw each time it is engaged, which can be followed by sensations of pain.
Shocking facts of jaw pop
- If the jaw pops out suddenly without feeling any pain, usually this kind of jaw pop is no need to be worried.
- If certain health conditions suddenly appear, you may need a doctor treatment intervention.
- Fact : The cause of jaw pop is not fully understood yet.
- Jaw pop can often be treated at home, especially if there is no pain or other symptoms.
Why does my jaw pop?
1. People of any age or gender may have their jaw popping out. Can be related to the following behaviors:
– Chewing gum regularly or excessively
– Nail biting
– Clenched chin
– Biting the inside of the cheek or lips.
2. Some medical conditions can cause the jaw to pop out suddenly, including:
Arthritis : A joint disease. Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis are the two most common forms of arthritis, and they can both cause TMJ cartilage damage.
Other symptoms of arthritis include:
– Joint pain
– Inflammation or swelling
– Reduced range of motion
3. When the mandibular joint is loosened, the mandible may break or dislocate, Which can be causing the jaw to pop out. Common causes of jaw injuries include:
– Road traffic collision
– Sports injury
– Travel and fall
– Physical attack
4. Myofascial pain syndrome : a chronic pain at certain trigger points in certain muscles. It occurs after the muscles contract repeatedly overtime. Jaw-myofascial pain syndrome can cause the jaw to pop out.
Symtoms of myofascial pain syndrome include:
– Muscles pain
– Persistent or progressive pain
– Muscle tenderness
– Trouble sleeping
– Mood changes
5. Malocclusion of teeth is also called upper or lower bite, which can cause the jaw and mouth to be misaligned, This may cause the jaw to pop out.
6. Infection of the oral glands will make the jaw to pop out. Other signs and symptoms of oral infections include:
– Dry mouth
– Bad breath
– Facial pain
7. Tumors can develop in almost any area of the oral cavity. Depending on its locations, the tumor can affect jaw movement, causing the sound to burst or feel abnormal. Some tumors can lead to the development of cancer.
Treatment Of Jaw Pop
Some treatments for popping jaws at home include:
- Over the counter medications
- Insulating bags and ice packs
- Avoid hard or crunchy foods
- Relax the chin
- Practice stress management
- Don’t over-lower your jaw
- Consider physical therapy
Depending on the cause of the cleft palate or the existence of other medical conditions, professional intervention may be required in some cases.
- Dental work
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Analgesic injections
- Laser therapy or radio-wave therapy
Appearance Effect By Jaw Pop
Usually, jaw pop is a temporary condition that can be eliminated through home care and changes in lifestyle. However, people who experience persistent, worsening, recurring jaw ejection or pain or other symptoms should consult a doctor.
It is important to address the root cause of jaw ejection to prevent other complications.
Check out more at HealthySketch>>>